Microsoft Project 2010, the latest version of the popular project management tool delivers powerful, visually enhanced ways to effectively manage a wide range of projects and programs. From meeting crucial deadlines to selecting the right resources and empowering your teams, Project 2010 offers easier and more intuitive experiences to help you simply be more productive and realize amazing results.
Project 2010 comes in two versions – Standard and Professional.
Standard is designed for business managers or junior project managers who typically need to author and edit plans on an infrequent basis. Their plans may form the raw data for which another project manager will turn into a fuller schedule.
Professional is designed for core project managers who frequently need to create and track detailed plans or multiple plans and who also require the ability to connect to Project Server for enhanced resource management and collaboration within project teams.
Check out the top 5 reasons you need to be using Project 2010
PPS consultants have significant experience in helping clients to get the best out of Microsoft Project ranging from advising on single projects to implementing planning solutions that consolidate and report on hundreds of projects to board level within FTSE100 companies. Using Project you can:
- Build schedules of work quickly and easily.
- Link tasks and milestones to create critical paths through your project.
- Assign people and material resources to your tasks to create assignments for completion.
- Assign costs to your resources enabling forecast and actual costs to be tracked.
- Saving multiple baselines (snapshots) of your schedule so to be able track expected performance versus actual.
- Update and adjust your plan to take into account changes in scope, quality, budgets or timescales.
- Create reports in differing formats eg Visual, lists, screengrab or exports to Microsoft Excel.
- Consolidate multiple projects into single plans sharing common resources and dependencies.
To see how your organisation can benefit contact us by Clicking here or call PPS Project Plan Services on 0113 804 2842
See below document for additional details on Microsoft Project including the additional features within Project Professional: